Take things up a notch with Uplift
Funding and support for women and/or non-binary founders from underrepresented groups
Fierce Founders Uplift helps accelerate your path from startup to world leader. Participating companies receive $10,000 in non-matching funds and one-on-one advice from Communitech growth coaches.
Selected companies will have a minimum viable product (MVP), some early traction and ideas on how to elevate their business.
Applications are currently closed. Stay tuned for more info!
To qualify for this program, you are:
- A woman and/or non-binary founder from an under-represented group. (i.e. you identify with an under-represented ethnicity/race, as having a disability, or as a member of the 2SLGBTQ+ community).
- Coachable and driven.
- The founder of a tech company based in Ontario (eight spots available) or across Canada (two spots available).
- A company that has completed some market validation and has a few paying customers or pilots.
Through this 3 - 5 month program, participants will:
- Receive $10,000 in non-matching funds.
- Connect and build relationships with like-minded entrepreneurs.
- Access hands-on support from Communitech’s experienced growth coaches to help build and execute on a customized growth plan.
- Receive assistance identifying market opportunities and uncovering the gaps within their go-to-market strategy.
- Expand leadership and business skills through one-on-one coaching and workshops.
Applications are now closed.
Qualified candidates will be selected for an interview process with Communitech growth coaches and up to 10 companies will be selected to participate in the program. Part of the interview process will be an in-depth diagnostic of each company conducted by Charles Plant, Communitech Growth Coach, and founder of the Narwal Project.
Want to learn more about how Communitech helps founders? A Communitech membership is free for startups. Depending on your company stage, you’ll get access to the people, programs, services and events to help you get where you want to go. Learn more.
At Communitech, our team makes it their mission to embody the values of anti-racism and inclusion. We are committed to continuously reviewing our content on an evergreen basis to ensure that we uphold these values and our language continues to be as inclusive as possible. However, we know that language is always evolving and changing over time. Our understanding of each other - along with our understanding of how we want to be communicated to and communicated about - also changes over time. In the event that you identify language on our pages that you feel no longer embodies these values, please let us know so we can learn and do better in the future.